- 【Auto Darkening Quickly】 The professional grade welders mask has 4 arc sensors, more than the most helmets in the market. more sensors means that our item is more sensitive which can auto darken continuously, precisely and response in supper short time (1/20000 seconds).
- 【Clear Large Vision】 An experience welder will choose our autodarkening welding helmets because lens has the top optical clarity(1/1/1/1 ) which is much better than 1/1/1/2, 1/2/1/2, they see the arc without distortion in the higher-rated lens and notice clarity issues in the in the lower-rated lens. besides, you can get a perfect view due to our item’s 3.94"x2.87" large viewing area which can help you reduce the frequency of moving head and neck as you weld.
- 【Good Toughness And Light】 Our welder mask is made of PA material which has passed impact and high temperature test, it is lighter than other material. you will be surprise that our item is not flimsy at all while it is thin and has supper light weight(1.15lb), which can minimizes strain on the welder's neck, reducing fatigue and increasing comfort in the long time welding work.
- 【Flexible Adjustment】 You can fix the helmet by adjusting the side knob in the surface or make it suitable for your head by adjusting the knob on the back. the variable shade range(3,3-8,9-13) can be changed too according to your type of welding work. besides, you can adjust the delaying time and sensitivity of the welding hood auto darkening function.
- 【Wide Application And Replacement Accessories】 The welding shield can handle multiple processes of Plasma cutting, abrasive wheel cutting/grinding, DC TIG, AC TIG, MIG/MAG, MMA/Stick welding, which are popular in metal fabrication industry, welding shops and auto manufacturing as well as DIY hobbyists projects. ITEM INCLUDES: 1 x auto darkening welding helmet; 1 x replacement battery; 5 x replacement outside lenses; 1 x replacement inside lens; 1 x storage bag; 2 years product service time.
Last update on 2020-10-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
My research for a welding helmet that provides optimum optical clarity and maximum protection for eyes during an operation led me to Tacklife PAH03D.
As I focused on a welding helmet with a wide viewing area, high-performance battery set, optical clarity, and wearing comfort, my search narrowed down to all hoods with a wide viewing area.
And Tacklife with a fantastic list of features, and a surprisingly affordable price tag held my attention.
Who can use it and why?
The welding helmet boasted of an optical error-free vision, blue light filtration, multi-layered lens with a wide viewing area, and a snug fit, amongst its list of other attractive features.
Designed for professionals and amateurs alike, the product is deemed ideal for DIY hobbyists and industrial welding operations. It supported cutting, plasma cutting, grinding, TIG: AC/DC, MIG, MAG, MMA, or stick welding. Welders can use the welding hood in automobile manufacturing, general fabrication, and repair and maintenance.
Without a doubt, clear vision with a wide viewing area, healthy controls to switch between grinding, cutting, and welding, a fast auto-darkening lens with delay and sensitivity adjustments can be a perfect protective headgear for any welder. (Read more about small welders)
What made it attractive to me was that it was one of the few welding protective gears with an ideal score in optical clarity and proposed a snug fit features ideal for workshops big and small.
Product features of tacklife
- High Clarity Lens: The three-layered optical lens provides crystal clear vision. With the perfect optical clarity scores in all four parameters, the glass is free from all-optical errors like blurring and angular distortions.
- Viewing area: The viewing area measures 3.94″x 2.87,” thus providing a total view area of 11.30 sq. inch, more significant than most safety hoods available in the market.
- Batteries: Powered by a single button CR2450 rechargeable solar cell, and the power consumption is optimum, requiring minimal or no manual charging.
- Light sensors: The four light sensors are highly sensitive and provide a full shade area across the viewing area. The transition speed is at par with the best in class, and the analog control knob makes it easy to switch operation modes.
- Headgear: The helmet has two-position adjustment knobs at the side and the back. It ensures easy adjustments for the best positioning and view of the work area. The cushioned headgear with breathable material makes for a snug fit.
The helmet comes with a two-year manufacturer warranty for worry-free usage. (Learn more about Lincoln Viking 3350 welding helmet)
- 4 highly sensitive Arc sensors.
- Sensors: 4
- Delay Time: 0.2s-1.0s
- Switching Time: 1/25,000s
- Power Supply: Solar cells+Lithium Battery.
- UR/IR Protection: DIN16.
- 2 Working Mode & Variable Shade.
- Item Weight: 499 g
Unboxing tacklife helmet (What included)
- Tacklife welding helmet.
- Bag for tacklife welding helmet.
- Protection lenses.
- Inner protection lens
Drawbacks of tacklife welding helmet
With features hard to match, I wondered what separates the other highly rated welding hoods from this helmet. Highest scores in optical clarity complemented by a full viewing screen, electric light transition speeds, adjustable light sensitivity all makes for the best welding helmet but for the following:
- Splash and humidity resistance: The mask does not provide any safeguards against splash and sweat. Water and sweat can quickly spoil the lenses and can affect optical clarity. This can be a problem while welding in hot and humid conditions. As for me, I sweat a lot!
- Flashes: Blinding flashes of bright light can be a nightmare for every welder. Despite the flashes being short, they can be harmful to the delicate eyes. While the problem of bursts has been reported for this hood, the general cause was the light sensitivity control knob, which, if not adjusted correctly, can cause flashes. With effortless sliding for easy controls, it’s easy for it to get maladjusted while handling.
- Hard hat mount: The welding helmet lacks the hard hat mount despite all the advanced features.
Despite its boasting of a lightweight by sturdy high impact resistant case build of PA quality material, it cannot fit in industrial operations with mandatory safety norms. For me, I like to keep my specifications in strict adherence to all industrial safety norms.
Yes, the list of disadvantages is far shorter than the list of advantages, and with careful handling, it can be an ideal choice.
My final thoughts
Tacklife PAH03D scores high on optical clarity and promises crystal clear view. The multi-layered protective lens can safeguard the delicate eyes from UV and blue light radiation.
The four-light sensors are highly sensitive, and the transition speed is fast. The dedicated control knobs in the control panel are fitted inside the helmet to delay darkening and adjust the shade.
The helmet is lightweight and the headgear provides a snug fit with the hood adjusters located at the side and back of the helmet, and it makes for easy adjustments to the viewing angle.
For welders who can focus on their hoods’ delicate handling and do not require a hard hat, this helmet from Tracklife can be the ideal choice.