To the wannabe weld:
Let me tell you a secret – There is no exact parameter in the welding world.
The truth is maintaining exact welding parameters is a challenging task. A little change in a single parameter has significant effects on other parameters as well. This is where the spot welder comes in handy to solve these problems precisely and effectively.
Today we gonna talk all about portable spot welding machine stuffs like – DIY battery spot welder kit, mini spot welder price, How do spot welding Work, and some portable spot welder you shouldn’t miss in 2021.
Want to learn more about best portable welder? Check this article.
Best Spot Welder Comparision Table
Stark Portable 240
Lenco Spot Welder
So What Is Spot Welder Used For?
Spot Welders are used in getting metal sheets welded by the heat from resistance to the electricity flow. Let’s take a look at some applications of spot welder below.
- When it comes to joining sheets (up to 0.02”- 0.118”), spot Welders can do the job done.
- Spot welders are used to training beginner level welder to learn about welding.
- The spot welder has applications in different industries. These are including aerospace, metal sheet, rail, building, and construction.
- Ideal for high-volume manufacturing and joining techniques.
- Spot welder is used for mass productions Smooth, Consistent Weld within a short time.
- Often they used on vehicles, watercraft, and different types of machinery and equipment which required to weld thicker piece.
5 Portable Spot Welders to Fuse the Thick Metal Together Effortlessly
Here is our review of the top 5 portable spot welding machines to next level perfect weld.
1. Best DIY Welding – Stark Portable Electric 240 Spot Welder
Imagine how it could be if you can weld different types of materials with just a single-phase design.
For a DIYer, nothing could be better than this, I guess.
So you are a part-time hobbyist or DIYer, this Stark USA will be a good shot for the bucks. Features like Simple welding mechanism give you the chance to insert the materials easily. That means to run it, all you have to do is just press it.
As good as it sounds!
And that not all, the attached handle makes it a portable one to transport your machine effortlessly on your job site or backyard.
Worried about material and quality?
Well, then I could assure you that Welding tips and parts are engineered as portable design from high-quality steel. As far as I can see, you can even go for thicker materials. Though the manufacturer claim it’s can do any type of welding, but I found out DIY spot welder works better in Uncoated mild steel, stainless steel sheets, or galvanized steel clean cut.
- AMP: 16
- Voltage: 240 V
- Dimensions: 18-1/2″(L) x 4-1/2″(W) x 7-1/2″(H)
- Weight: 29 lbs
- Air-cooled spot welder.
- Simple Lever Function.
- Solid and robust construction.
- Easy pickup and operation along with great replacement tips.
- Doesn’t include electric plug.
2. Best Battery Spot Welder – Mophorn 737g with 14500 Lithium Batteries
The Mophorn 737G pulse spot welder could be the best option for those who have budget constraints. It is from Mophorn, a reputed brand that supplies high-quality Spot Welder.
Good for you!
With dual pulse mode option and 0 to 99 level current setting, this spot welder allows you to weld nickel strips within 0.05 to 0.2 mm thickness.
Thanks to its unique LCD panel which displays pulse and current while you are welding with this machine. Besides, it allows you to set pulse and current quickly and efficiently, which make the job more fluent.
Related post: Unbiased review about tig welders
Another significant feature of this unit is its intelligent radiator technology which improves the welding performance. In addition, this radiator, with a built-in smart chip protects the machine from overheating while welding.
Furthermore, the small body shape and the convenient handle makes this unit light and easy to move. So you can take this machine anywhere you want.
Most significantly, it features a foot pedal welding system which is perfect for accurate spot weld if needed.
Also, it comes with a fixed welding style that is equipped with LED lights. With push up welding mode, it allows you to set up a compact size battery pack.
But here is the only problem:
This welding machine is that it is not ideal for welding copper or aluminum. Overall, it’s a budget welder, and it does work as it said.
- It works precisely with minimum effort.
- 110V battery spot welder is ideal for nickel and alloys.
- Efficient cooling technology protects it from overheating.
- Suitable for different sizes of a battery pack, cameras and stainless steel hardware etc.
- LED light ensures precise welding.
- LCD shows pulse and current while welding.
- It doesn’t weld well the thick stainless steel metal.
- It is a low power machine for welding.
3. Best For Autobody – Lenco Dual Spot Welder
When it comes to getting the best spot welder with dual autobody, you can’t skip the name Lenco spot welder.
What’s the catch?
I would rather say it is the vest answer to lower ever-rising welding costs. The Thing I like most about the machine is the simple to operate feature. All you have to do is press the two electrode guns, click the start button, and the machine will take cares rest of the work.
Pretty impressive, isn’t it?
This looks like the type of welder that let the user to manually line up contacts. Features like protected control panel, streamlined construction, and Solid-state timer makes it the finest choice for the money.
- Off & on switch.
- Dual-Spot Welder.
- Tool storage space.
- Impressive phase shift adjustment.
- A bit pricey.
4. Best For Easy To Move – Mophorn Portable 709A Pulse BUNDLE
Without breaking the banks, this Mophorn 709A machine is ideal for your small projects that need to complete quickly and effectively.
It is designed to weld nickel-coated strips between 0.05 to 0.3 mm thicknesses or original nickel strips between 0.05 to 0.25 mm thicknesses.
And guess what?
With built-in LED light, it allows you to weld at night. The compact body shape and the convenient handle make this machine portable enough and easy to carry.
The Mophorn 709A comes with some extra tools and accessories. These are including:
- 1kg nickel strip
- Welding rods
- Battery fixer
- Welding pins
- USB cable
- 30A fuse
- Welding pen
- Mini grinder
Also, the pedal welding system of this unit makes it ideal for accurate spot weld. With 1.9 KW power, it table top spot welding machine perfect for different sizes of a button battery, battery pack, mobile phone camera, stainless steel hardware and mesh etc.
- Portable pulse welding unit for battery pack.
- Temperature: 150 ℃ to 450 ℃.
- Built-in LED light ensures accurate welding.
- Compact welding pen.
- Ideal for welding nickel-coated steel.
- It has a small body shape.
- It is light in weight.
5. Best For Hobbyist – SUNKKO 737G+ Portable Battery Spot Welder
For people who want a quality spot welder from a known brand, this welder from SUNKKO is well worth for the money. It helps you to have an incredible journey in the realm of spot welding.
Let me say this straight:
When it comes to improving the efficiency of battery pack welding technology, the SUNKKO 737G industrial spot welder plays a significant role with its modern panel design and brilliant welding function.
Thanks to the latest cooling system and a built-in temperature sensor which allows it to work automatically according to the internal temperature of the machine.
Within 7 to 8 seconds it can be heated up to 300°C, which ensures a quality soldering function.
The average welding thickness range is around 0.03 to 0.3 mm for copper, 0.03 to 0.15 mm for nickel and 0.03 to 0.2 mm for mobile welding pen.
- Highly efficient welding machine.
- High power welding pen ensures automatic welding.
- Ideal for welding Iron, steel, plastic, and copper.
- Fast and energy-saving unit
- Ideal for battery welding (18650, 14500)
- It can’t weld aluminium.
- It isn’t ideal for welding anything over 0.15 mm with consistency .
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How much does a spot welder make?
Ans: The average earning of a spot welder is around $17.61 per hour. This implies that the total approximate income of a spot welder is approximately $44,519 per year.
However, the average demand for welders usually ranges from $12.74 – $25.66 per hour. Considering this fact, the yearly salary of spot welders goes to $25,000 – $88,000.
2. Is spot welding fusion welding?
Ans: Spot welding is a fusion welding technique that needs pressure and heat to make a stronger joint.
3. How strong is a spot weld?
Spot welding allows you to join two pieces of metal together quickly and efficiently. But the joining by spot welding is not enough for all plans…..
It might be defective or weak, mainly if the process is not applied correctly. Basically, spot welding joins two metal sheets by using heat from the electric flow.
The metal sheets are pressed together, either part with electrodes. A small spot joins the electrodes. The current needs to be used for the right amount of time to get strong welding.
Usually, spot welding provides current for 0.1 seconds or less, so it needs a high voltage current. Spot welder needs 100,000 to 200,000 watts to complete the welding job.
Here is the guide of plasma cutter reviews!
4. What materials can be spot welded?
Spot welding is also known as resistance welding, which is ideal for different metal sheet welding. Let’s take a look at the possible materials that can be spot welded.
- Stainless steel
- Nickel coated steel
- Nickel alloys and
We are at the end of this review. Before wrapping up, let me recap what is the best spot welder.
A good machine will produce high volt current through the spot to melt the metal. And it can produce massive energy to the spot within a short time (10 to 100 milliseconds). In a plain word, these are:
- Custom made and durable
- Adjustable and water-proof