To the wannabe weld:
Let me tell you a secret – There is no exact parameter in the welding world.
The truth is maintaining exact welding parameters is a challenging task. A little change in a single parameter has significant effects on other parameters as well. This is where the spot welder comes in handy to solve these problems precisely and effectively.
In this article, we will be discussing the best battery spot welders on the market. There are many different welders available on the market, so it can be hard to decide which one is the best for you. We will be discussing the pros and cons of the most popular welders on the market.
Find the Perfect Welder for Your Needs with This Comparison Table!
|Stark Professional 240 Volt Spot Welder For Sale||Check Price!|
|Mophorn 737G Battery Welding Machine||Check Price!|
|Lenco Autobody Dual Spot Welding Machine||Check Price!|
|Mophorn 709A Pulse 0.3mm Battery||Check Price!|
|SUNKKO 737G+ Battery Spot Welder||Check Price!|
So What Is Used For?
Spot welders are used in getting metal sheets welded by the heat from resistance to the electricity flow. Let’s take a look at some applications:
- When it comes to joining sheets (up to 0.02”- 0.118”), spot welding can do the job done.
- It is used to training beginner level welder to learn about welding.
- The has applications in different industries. These are including aerospace, metal sheet, rail, building, and construction.
- Ideal for high-volume manufacturing and joining techniques.
- It is used for mass productions Smooth, Consistent Weld within a short time.
- Often, they used on vehicles, watercraft, and different types of machinery and equipment which required to weld thicker piece.
5 Welders to Fuse the Thick Metal Together Effortlessly
Here is our review of the top 5 portable spot-welding machines to the next level perfect weld.
1. Best DIY Welding – Stark Portable Electric 240
Imagine how it could be if you can weld different types of materials with just a single-phase design.
For a DIYer, nothing could be better than this, I guess.
So you are a part-time hobbyist or DIYer, this Stark USA will be a good shot for the bucks. Features like a simple welding mechanism give you the chance to insert the materials easily. That means to run it, all you have to do is just press it.
As good as it sounds!
And that is not all, the attached handle makes it a portable one to transport your machine effortlessly on your job site or backyard.
Worried about material and quality?
Well, then I could assure you that Welding tips and parts are engineered as portable designs from high-quality steel. As far as I can see, you can even go for thicker materials. Though the manufacturer claims it’s can do any type of welding, I found out DIY spot welder works better in uncoated mild steel, stainless steel sheets, or galvanized steel clean cut.
- Simple Lever Function.
- Solid and robust construction.
- Easy pickup and operation along with great replacement tips.
- Doesn’t include electric plug.
What did we get by using it?
I’m very impressed with the Stark Portable Electric 240. It’s easy to use and makes quick, strong spot welds in a wide range of materials. I’ve used it to weld steel and cast iron and it works great. Doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. I highly recommend this welder.
2. Best Battery Spot Welder – Mophorn 737g with 14500 Lithium Batteries
The Mophorn 737G pulse could be the best option for those who have budget constraints. It is from Mophorn, a reputed brand that supplies high-quality welder.
Good for you!
With a dual pulse mode option and 0 to 99 level current setting, this spot welder allows you to weld nickel strips within 0.05 to 0.2 mm thickness.
Thanks to its unique LCD panel which displays pulse and current while you are welding with this machine. Besides, it allows you to set pulse and current quickly and efficiently, which makes the job more fluent.
Another significant feature of this unit is its intelligent radiator technology which improves the welding performance. In addition, this radiator, with a built-in smart chip protects the machine from overheating while welding.
Furthermore, the small body shape and the convenient handle make this unit light and easy to move. So you can take this machine anywhere you want.
Most significantly, it features a foot pedal welding system which is perfect for accurate spot weld if needed.
Also, it comes with a fixed welding style that is equipped with LED lights. With push-up welding mode, it allows you to set up a compact-size battery pack.
But here is the only problem:
This welding machine is that it is not ideal for copper or aluminum welding. Overall, it’s a budget welder, and it does work as it said.
- It works precisely with minimum effort.
- 110V battery welder is ideal for nickel and alloys.
- Efficient cooling technology protects it from overheating.
- Suitable for different sizes of a battery pack, cameras and stainless steel hardware etc.
- LED light ensures precise welding.
- LCD shows pulse and current while welding.
- It doesn’t weld well the thick stainless steel metal.
- It is a low power machine for welding.
Related: Can you wear a watch while welding?
3. Best For Autobody – Lenco Dual Welder
When it comes to getting the best spot welder with dual autobody, you can’t skip the name Lenco.
What’s the catch?
I would rather say it is the vest answer to lower ever-rising welding costs. The Thing I like most about the machine is the simple-to-operate feature. All you have to do is press the two electrode guns, click the start button, and the machine will take care rest of the work.
Pretty impressive, isn’t it?
This looks like the type of welder that let the user manually line up contacts. Features like a protected control panel, streamlined construction, and Solid-state timer make it the finest choice for the money.
- Off & on switch.
- Dual-spot welder.
- Tool storage space.
- Impressive phase shift adjustment.
- A bit pricey.
4. Best For Easy To Move – Mophorn Portable 709A Pulse BUNDLE
Without breaking the banks, this Mophorn 709A machine is ideal for your small projects that need to complete quickly and effectively.
It is designed to weld nickel-coated strips between 0.05 to 0.3 mm thicknesses or original nickel strips between 0.05 to 0.25 mm thicknesses.
And guess what?
With built-in LED light, it allows you to weld at night. The compact body shape and the convenient handle make this machine portable enough and easy to carry.
The Mophorn 709A comes with some extra tools and accessories. These are including:
- 1kg nickel strip.
- Welding rods.
- Battery fixer.
- Welding pins.
- USB cable.
- 30A fuse.
- Welding pen.
- Mini grinder.
Also, the pedal welding system of this unit makes it ideal for accurate spot weld. With 1.9 KW power, it tables top spot-welding machine perfect for different sizes of a button battery, battery pack, mobile phone camera, stainless steel hardware, mesh, etc.
- Portable pulse welding unit for battery pack.
- Temperature: 150 ℃ to 450 ℃.
- Built-in LED light ensures accurate welding.
- Compact welding pen.
- Ideal for welding nickel-coated steel.
- It has a small body shape.
- It is light in weight.
5. Best For Hobbyist – SUNKKO 737G+
For people who want a quality welder from a known brand, this welder from SUNKKO is well worth for the money. It helps you to have an incredible journey in the realm of spot welding.
Let me say this straight:
When it comes to improving the efficiency of battery pack welding technology, the SUNKKO 737G industrial welder plays a significant role with its modern panel design and brilliant welding function.
Thanks to the latest cooling system and a built-in temperature sensor which allows it to work automatically according to the internal temperature of the machine.
Within 7 to 8 seconds it can be heated up to 300°C, which ensures a quality soldering function.
The average welding thickness range is around 0.03 to 0.3 mm for copper, 0.03 to 0.15 mm for nickel and 0.03 to 0.2 mm for mobile welding pen.
- Highly efficient welding machine.
- High power welding pen ensures automatic welding.
- Ideal for welding Iron, steel, plastic, and copper.
- Fast and energy-saving unit.
- Ideal for battery welding (18650, 14500).
- It can’t weld aluminium.
- It isn’t ideal for welding anything over 0.15 mm with consistency.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How much does a spot welder make?
Ans: The average earning is around $17.61 per hour. This implies that the total approximate income is approximately $44,519 per year.
However, the average demand for welders usually ranges from $12.74 – $25.66 per hour. Considering this fact, the yearly salary goes to $25,000 – $88,000.
2. Is spot welding fusion welding?
Ans: Spot welding is a fusion welding technique that needs pressure and heat to make a stronger joint.
3. How strong is a spot weld?
Spot welding allows you to join two pieces of metal together quickly and efficiently. But the joining by spot welding is not enough for all plans…..
It might be defective or weak, mainly if the process is not applied correctly. Basically, spot welding joins two metal sheets by using heat from the electric flow.
The metal sheets are pressed together, either part with electrodes. A small spot joins the electrodes. The current needs to be used for the right amount of time to get strong welding.
Usually, spot welding provides a current for 0.1 seconds or less, so it needs a high voltage current. Spot welder needs 100,000 to 200,000 watts to complete the welding job.
4. What materials can be spot welded?
Spot welding is also known as resistance welding, which is ideal for different metal sheet welding. Let’s take a look at the possible materials that can be spot welded.
- Stainless steel
- Nickel coated steel
- Nickel alloys and
5. What is the alternative to spot welding?
There are a few alternatives to spot welding, but the most common is arc welding. Arc welding uses an electric current to create an arc of heat between the two pieces of metal being welded. This heat melts the metal and joins it together.
How to make simple this machine quickly?
We are at the end of this review. Before wrapping up, let me recap what is the best spot welder.
A good machine will produce a high volt current through the spot to melt the metal. And it can produce massive energy to the spot within a short time (10 to 100 milliseconds). In plain words, these are:
- Custom made and durable
- Adjustable and water-proof
- Best Plasma Cutter For The Money – Faster & Better Cutting
- Tig Welder Reviews For Save Money
- Best Portable Welder (2022) – Reviews & Top Picks
- Try these 3 Best Work Light for Welding
- Best 110v Stick Welder That’ll Upgrade Your Welding Skill A Bit
- What To Look For Best AC/DC TIG Welder Under $1000?
- Best Fire Extinguisher for Welding – Our Recommendations
- Best Welder For Motorcycle Frame – Check Editor’s Pick!
- Best Welder For Chassis Fabric – Top Picks
Reviews of Hitbox Welders – Exclusive and Amazing Products
Hitbox is a brand of welding equipment that is known for its performance and reliability. Hitbox products are designed to be lightweight, and easy to use.
Best 3 in 1 Welder: The Ultimate Welder For All Purposes
Looking for the best 3 in 1 welder? Check out our reviews and comparison charts to find the best product for you.