Plasma cutting doesn’t just involve splitting bars of metal but can also apply in metal arts to produce shapes and designs.
It’s easier when you cut shapes using plasma cutting templates. The process produces well-designed, modish, and complete shapes.
Can templates work in all shapes? Yes, it can work. However, it’s worth noting that some shapes may be complicated and convoluted. For instance, you may want to cut an outline of an insect or any animal which you intend to use in painting works.
Reproducing the same without a template is difficult. Think about it; a template will solve the problem even in the most challenging design. Below here, we explore further plasma cutting templates to help you design better shapes.
What are the advantages of plasma cutting templates?
- The cutting template simplifies the cutting process since it’s easier to trace the outline. The process is more natural to learn, and beginners can quickly cut the desired shapes with ease.
- The whole operation saves a lot of time since you have a clue on the type of shape to cut.
- It also helps reduce waste of metal thereby you can save some money. An excellent metallic template minimizes the cost of producing templates now and then owing to its durability.
- It is possible to produce identical shapes since a standard template will guide you.
- As a metal artist, you can benefit most when using templates since you’ll only need to produce multiple similar pieces of design and art.
How to make a plasma cutting template
If you own a plasma cutter, you don’t need to buy templates every time you need to produce an art piece. You can design and cut custom artworks of your choice by producing your templates at home.
The first step is to gather the essentials so that you can minimize the time taken on a return trip to the hardware.
You will need the following items;
The process of making an outline
- For starters, you need to have the shape ready for what you’d like to cut. Since you’re using a plasma cutting template, it’s going to be easy to select what you need.
- Next, outline the logo or art design on a piece of cardboard. After that, use a sharp knife to cut it along the outline.
- If using a metal sheet, you can use a jigsaw to cut and produce a durable template for your artwork.
Make templates from woods
How to use a template to produce art pieces or designs
The main reason you need a plasma cutting template is to enable you to produce perfect shapes, designs, and make his work easier.
- Have you ever tried to draw a circle on a piece of paper using your hand? It’s challenging to come up with a balanced circle if you don’t use a circular object to mark the outline. You end up wasting time and material.
- The sad news is, in the end, you won’t achieve what you desired. In such a situation, using a template will save you time and wastage.
- The same case applies to plasma cutting. When cutting a circular shape, you may not get a smooth shape if you cut without outlining the shape. It’s also challenging to get a perfect perimeter of the circle.
What’s the way forward? For you to succeed in the production of a variety of objects using a plasma cutter, it’s crucial to get a template for each patter or object.
Complex cuts? You need a lot of practice, especially if you are using freehand. It may not be possible, and it can affect your production. A plasma cutting template will make your artwork more comfortable.
How to cut using a plasma cutting template
- Clamp the template on the metal sheet to ensure it is firmly held.
- Using soapstone, trace the outline all around. The art design or pattern will appear on the sheet.
- Using the plasma cutter cut carefully along the outline to come out with a clear and well-finished cut of your art piece. (Read best gas for plasma cutter)
One more thing. The more you use a template, the more it wears and tears quickly. Fortunately, you can make a durable template using scrap pieces of sheet metal.
These templates will hold steady and not get damaged from heat generated from the cutter.
Our final thoughts.
- Art is perfect when you choose the right tools.
- The ability to produce logos, designs and patterns is made simple when using plasma cutter templates.
The ultimate solution. A plasma cutting template enables you to do simple and complex projects that require skills and maximum output. You save on time and material with a guarantee of good quality work.
Related posts from blog
- Zeny Plasma Cutter Review – You Should Know
- What Is The Ideal Plasma Cutter MIG Welder Combo?
- What is the Best Plasma Table Really You Need to Know All About?
- The Best Simadre Plasma Cutter Review (Must Read Before Buy)
- Review of Harbor Freight Plasma Cutters & Best Alternative
- Primeweld Plasma Cutter Reviews – You Should Know!