Whether it’s maintenance, light fabrication, or repair project you’ve been worried about how to complete, it’s time to make it happen.
Can this really be true?
Yes, you can do it easily with a Hobart ironman 230 welders. It has the capability and is more than enough for beginner welders. The arc of the IronMan 230 is optimized to provide a flawless weld, and post-weld cleanup literally nonexistent.
Astonishing, isn’t it? Stay along with this hobart ironman 230 reviews to figure out why we fall in love with this awesome machine.
Hobart Welding items have spent decades, by designing, testing, and producing a full line of cutting and welding machines that are of industrial quality.
What makes this so unique? In 2000, they added a full line of welding parts and accessories, from auto-darkening helmets to rod and flux core wire, to hardware, and more.
For Whom Hobart Ironman 230 Designed For?
The Hobart IronMan 230 is the perfect choice whether you are actually a professional welder or just want to weld like them. The IronMan 230 is literally a workhorse. However, it can be used for:
- Auto body.
- Auto repair.
- Home use.
Hobart Ironman 230 Reviews: A Heavy-Duty Machine for Flawless Weld
Whether you’re in farming, production, auto repair, maintenance, or a do-it-yourselfer, Hobart ironman 230 is a product that fits all your needs. Let’s dig a little deeper.
Honestly speaking, it’s a machine for Low or Moderate level welders.
Hobart ironman 230 specs at a glance:
- Amp: 30 to 230 A.
- Voltage: 151 volts.
- Item Weight: 224 pounds.
- Installation Method: MIG-welding.
- Gas hose: 5 feet.
- Duty cycle: 60%.
- Weld Thickness: 24 ga.
- Welds: Aluminum, stainless steel, Mild steel.
- Dimensions: 36.5 x 18.9 x 31.5 inches.
Design and Portability
The attributes that make it a bit different from the rest of the other is probably its Unique design and capability.
So what am I talking about?
The unit offers a duty cycle of 60%, which is definitely a big plus when the time is of the essence. At the same time, operating at 170A means you can weld for 6 minutes so that it gets enough time for cooling down.
What else? Unique spool hub allows changing from the different ranges like 2, 10, 33, and 45 lb. Another great thing about this machine is the wires spools the snap with a tool-less brake automatic wire alignment and tension knob.
Thanks to its 200-amp gun! Plus, it comes with a built-in cylinder rack /running gear. Each unit is manufactured and designed in Troy, OH, USA.
Performance and Usability
We have to admit that this welder offers impressive power output. As you have already known, Hobart ironman 230 duty cycle welder performs in the range of 30A to 250A.
The result? This is more than enough power for the lion’s share of welding projects. Meanwhile, the power of the machine delivers marvelous arc quality, spatter-free welds, resulting in precise. As it comes with a wheel kit, you can quickly move it wherever you want.
The welder is compatible with the following wire sizes:
- Mild steel: 0.023 – 0.045 in.
- Aluminum: 0.030 – 0.035 in.
- Flux-cored: 0.030 – 0.045 in.
Hobart ironman 230 MIG welder unboxing
Let’s see what’s included in the box:
- IronMan 230.
- MIG gun.
- 5 ft. gas hose.
- Work cable with clamp.
- Dual groove drive roll.
- Plastic cable hangers (2).
- Extra contact tips.
- Hobart ironman 230 manual.
5 Features you’ll Love About Hobart ironman 230 MIG welder
- Full-size MIG platform: The IronMan 230 welder is a total redesign for the full-size MIG platform; go beyond the competition on superior arc quality, duty cycle, voltage control, and value.
- Making spatter: as we mentioned earlier, the arc of the new Hobart IronMan 230 greatly is optimized to offer a flawless weld. But the best part is, it’s making spatter yet post-weld cleanup is almost non-existent.
- Reversible drive rolls: Featuring two grooves along with wire sizes with one drive roll. It decreases changeover time and spare parts.
- Easy to Set-up: the coolest feature of this MIG welder, it’s pretty easy to set up. Yes, you heard that right. Like other Hobart welders, Ironman 230 has a detailed manual that defines important parameters chart and labels to help you understand with unit setup.
- Hinged door: it comes with a hinged door for easy access and wire drive system for drive roll changes and spool.
Things we liked most
- Rugged design.
- Built-in thermal protect the machine.
- Pure power with a heavy-duty cabinet.
- Precise adjustment of weld bead shape and penetration.
- Automatic wire alignment feature makes it easier to change wire spool.
What could be better?
- The cable is pretty short.
- Quite heavy and relatively large
What is The Hobart Ironman 230 Problems?
This is the perfect choice for welders of all levels of experience. The machine is easy to use and produces high-quality welds, whether you are a professional welder or just want to weld like them. However, there are a few common problems with the IronMan 230 that you should be aware of before you buy one.
- First, some users have reported that the machine runs too hot and can cause burns.
- Second, the wire feeder can sometimes jam, which can interrupt your welding process.
- Third, some users have had trouble with the machine’s power switch, which can prevent it from turning on or off.
Despite these minor problems, the Hobart 230 is still an excellent choice for welders of all levels of experience.
Hobart ironman 230 vs miller 252 – what’s the difference?
You’re in a never-ending battle which one is better, right? Can’t blame you! Both are well-known brands in the welding industry. Let me say this straight:
Miller is industrial or commercial, whereas Hobart is consumer-grade. On the other hand, price is a vital fact. Miller 252 is quite pricey comparatively than Hobart Ironman.
Let’s see what the other facts are.
|Point||Hobart Ironman 230||Miller 252|
|Weldable Metals||– Aluminum|
– Stainless steel
– Mild steel
|– Stainless Steel|
|Amperage Range||30 to 230 A||30 A – 300 A|
|Material Thickness||24 ga||– Mild Steel 22 ga|
– Aluminum 14 ga
|Weight||224 pounds||205 pounds|
|Input Voltage||151 volts||208 V|
Keep in mind
- Unfortunately, this Hobart machine is quite heavy and large. So, avoid using it on the outdoor site.
- It is not recommended for industrial work.
- To work with aluminum, you have to add the optional DP-3545-20 spool gun from Hobart to weld from 18 gauge to 1/2-inch.
As you can see, this is a solid welder, especially for MIG welding. Apart from some minor Hobart ironman 230 problems; this machine gives a reliable performance at a great value.
Weld spectacular, I am sure it won’t disappoint you.
- Lincoln AC 225 Welder Review
- Tweco 211i Fabricator Multiprocess Welder Reviews
- Vulcan Omnipro 220 Reviews
- Hobart Handler 190 Reviews
- Best Tig Welder For The Money
- Best Welding Helmets Review: Protect Your EYES
- Hobart Handler 140 Review
- Amico Welder Review
- Lincoln Viking 3350 Review
- Optrel Panoramaxx Review
- Tacklife Welding Helmet Review – In Depth Research
- DEKO Welding Helmet Review
- Yeswelder Welding Helmet
- Miller Digital Infinity Vs Lincoln Viking 3350
- Zeny Plasma Cutter Review
- Klutch Plasma Cutter Reviews – A Practical Guide (Updated)
- Miller 375 Plasma Cutter Reviews – Practical Guide!
- Firepower Welder Review
- Primeweld Plasma Cutter Reviews
- Review Of Eastwood 175 Welder
- Campbell Hausfeld Welder Review
- Metal Man Welder Reviews
- Miller Diversion 180 Review
- Miller Snycrowave 210 Review – Best DIY Welder
- Review Of Hobart Champion Elite
- Century FC 90 Review
- Clarke 130en MIG Welder Review
- Miller Multimatic 215 Reviews
- Lincoln Handy MIG Welder Review
- 3m Welding Helmet Review
7 Plasma Cutting Tips and Tricks (Can Make You Invincible!)
Want to buy the best plasma cutter and want to increase plasma cutting efficiency? Here you will get plasma cutter tips and tricks. Let's read...
Hobart Vs Lincoln: What’s The Best Welder For You? (Updated)
See the comparison between the Hobart Vs Lincoln Welder. Read reviews and get the best price on Amazon. Lets read the article...