Having the right tools is halfway to ensuring success in the project you will be undertaking. In case you have encountered the frustration of using a poorly functioning welder or one that is not suited for your needs, then, high chances you will agree with the statement.
The wide variety of cold welding machines in the market has made it quite challenging for interested buyers to identify the best cold welding machine. In this review guide, we will be taking you through the top four cold welding machines in the market.
What Is A Cold Welding Machine?
Cold welding refers to a solid state welding process that needs little or no fusion or heat to join metals together. The energy that is used in making the weld comes in pressure form. When doing cold welding, there is no molten phase or liquid that is present in the joint as it is in other techniques such as laser welding, arc welding and friction welding.
The process entails joining two or more metals without heat.
What Is Cold Welding Used For?
Cold welding can be used for different purposes. In this section, we will be looking at some of the main uses of cold welding.
- One of the most popular uses of cold welding is when joining metals that are dissimilar. When dissimilar metals are melted together, they will not join properly. This can easily lead to the metals not joining together or can result in welds with cracks or weak welds. However, cold welding will avoid this problem since it solely relies on the atomic bonds which have been formed through electrons that are free.
- Cold welding is also used in creation of lap joints or butt. Some of the common industries include automotive, aerospace, laboratory experiments or advanced fabrication application. It is a common machine when it comes to joining wires together.
- Cold pressure welding is commonly used for joining copper rods/wires and aluminum measuring 0.5mm to 12mm in diameter and the type of weld is usually butt joint.
- Combination of wire metals like copper and aluminum can be cold welded. The entire process is extremely important when putting the underground wire lines were using heat to weld is dangerous due to the presence of gasses that are explosive.
- Cold welding procedure can help in sealing containers which are sensitive to heat.
- It is also possible to use cold pressure welding in the electronic industry to help in production of semi-conductor devices which are heat sensitive.
4 Best Cold Welding Machines
1. ANDELI TIG-250MPL Welder MOS Cold Welding Machine
ANDELI TIG-250MPL Welder MOS Cold Welding Machine comes well equipped with a 110V/220V dual voltage. It is mainly used for COLD and TIG which makes it an excellent machine for welding molds, stainless steel and much more. However, it is not recommended in welding aluminum.
- Dual voltage
- Two-year warranty and
- Free replacement parts.
- 30.8 pounds
Features of ANDELI TIG-250MPL
This ANDELI TIG-250MPL Welder can perform COLD, Pulse and TIG functions. Its welding speed is pretty fast while the welding process is very reliable and efficient. The machine is well optimized to help in delivering flawless weld which makes post weld clean up and spatter nonexistent.
ANDELI TIG-250MPL Welder will help you realize cold welding. It will reduce deformation and some discoloration. The stainless steel color is silver white in the cold welding mode.
When using ANDELI TIG-250MPL Welder, it is possible to weld the ordinary thin steel, stainless steel, carbon steel, iron and steel. It is a perfect machine for general maintenance and DIY work.
This cold welding machine is CE certified and they have a very efficient customer care team that is always available to handle their customer’s issues. Whenever you encounter any type of problems, feel free to contact the customer care team for free guidance and support.
- Uses the pull welding method
- Comes well equipped with a two core foot switch
- Well powered by a standard 110V household current
- It is lightweight and strong
- Quite expensive
- User manual is difficult to understand
2. ANDELI MIG-270TPL Cold Welding machine
ANDELI MIG-270TPL Cold Welding machine is among the most reliable and best performing cold welding machine in the market. It is a multifunctional welder that is made for TIG and MIG making it an excellent product for welding mold, copper, steel, carbon steel and much more.
- Digital control front panel
- Returns and exchanges within 30 days
- Two-year warranty
- Efficiency: 85%
Features of ANDELI MIG-270TPL
ANDELI MIG-270TPL Cold Welding machine effect on the stainless steel is silver white weld bead which is in the cold welding mode.
You can use this ANDELI MIG-270TPL Cold Welding machine on iron, ordinary steel, low carbon steel, stainless steel and much more. However, this machine cannot weld aluminum.
ANDELI MIG-270TPL Cold Welding machine has a very efficient and committed customer service team. Whenever you encounter any problem when using this machine, you can always contact them for free guidelines. They also offer returns and exchanges within 30 days after you have received the machine. The machine also comes with a two year warranty period together with free replacement parts.
- It is a multifunctional welding machine
- Comes with a digital control front panel
- The TIG HF torch is of high quality
- Can be used for both industrial and DIY application
- Difficult to maintain
- Comes with lesser security features
3. ANDELI 250PL Aluminum Welding Machine
This ANDELI 250PL Aluminum Welding Machine is well known for its ability of using two different voltages 110V and 220V. It designed for COLD, PUSLE and TIG which makes it a perfect machine for welding different types of materials like stainless steel, aluminum alloy, molds and much more.
- CE certification,
- Efficient customer service team
- We will provide returns and exchanges within 30 days
- Two-year warranty
Features of ANDELI 250PL
ANDELI 250PL is a cold welding machine with 200 AMP current. It has 4 modes namely; TIG, cold welding, HF-TIG which makes it an excellent machine for stainless steel, aluminum and thin metals.
This welding machine is capable of reducing discoloration and deformation. When in cold welding mode, the aluminum and stainless steel color welds is white silver. Some of the applicable materials include molds, stainless steel, aluminum, and much more.
ANDELI 250PL has more intuitive control and multi-mode selection. It is capable of welding 0.04 inch seamless aluminum plate using cold spot welding while it can use cold welding to weld 0.05 inch stainless steel plate.
ANDELI 250PL is CE certified hence, has a very efficient customer support team. Whenever you face problems when receiving goods, feel free to get in touch with the customer support team for free guidance. The support team will always offer returns and exchanges within 30 days after they have received the goods.
- It is multifunctional
- Does not need to press the welding gun
- Comes with advanced IGBT inverter technology
- Has 2T/ 4T operation
- Quite heavy hence difficult to move around with
- It requires frequent servicing to ensure it is working well.
4. ANDELI TIG Welder 200AMP Cold Welding Machine
ANDELI TIG Welder 200AMP Welding Machine is mainly used for precision welding, HF TIG, automatic spot welding, Au Ag and low temperature pulse welding. It is a perfect machine for welding silver, gold, colored plate, stainless steel and much more. However, it is not advisable to use this machine in welding aluminum.
- Technology: IGBT
- Frequency: 50Hz/60Hz
- Efficiency 85%
- No load voltage: 56V
Features of ANDELI TIG Welder 200AMP
It is a multifunctional welding machine which enables it to be used in different types of welding. You can use ANDELI TIG Welder 200AMP to COLD, PULSE, TIG and Au Ag weld.
With this welding machine, be sure of reducing deformation, some little discoloration. The stainless steel color bead is white silver.
You can use ANDELI TIG Welder 200AMP Machine to weld different types of materials. It is possible to weld gold, silver, stainless steel, iron, thin steel and much more. However, it is highly recommended that you should not use it in welding aluminum.
This welding machine will clean the surface and expose the original appearance of the welding bead. However, it is not possible to transport the cleaning solution.
- Comes with an IGBT inverter technology
- Uses a very safe standard torch connection
- Comes with a welding bead cleaning function
- Uses an auto welding making it a perfect machine for beginners
- Difficult to get its spare parts in normal stores
- High power consumption
Buyers Guide: Important Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Cold Welding Machine
The wide variety of cold welding machines in the market has made it quite challenging for interested buyers to identify the right welding machine. To help make your work easier, we will be listing some of the important factors you need to consider.
The electrical current strength emitted by the cold welding machine is usually measured in amperage. The weld depth and melt off rate of the welds penetration are all managed by amperage. High amperage will help in making deep weld filled with lots of materials. Low amperage welds normally use lesser materials and can only achieve shallow penetration.
Voltage refers to electrical pressure. In most cases, it will affect the formation of the weld’s visible part and it will never have lots of effect of the welds depth. The low voltage welds will form thin and taller welds. High voltage welds will be flatter and wider with smooth edges. Getting the correct voltage of the material will be important for getting a great and high quality welds.
It is important that you check the supply of power needed for the welding machine before you make any purchase. There are machines that will need high power supply while others will need 110V or less. Hence, ensure that you settle on a cold welding machine that does not ask for high supply of power than your workshop or home can support.
Cold welding machines are available in different prices. The prices vary in terms of their capability and size. The machines have varying specs and features hence the reason why they always vary in terms of cost.
It is advisable never to break the bank just to purchase a cold welding machine. It is also advisable not to go for the cheapest cold welding machine in the market.
Quality of Material Used
Since cold welding machines have fumes and chemicals, it is important that you make sure the quality of the material used in making the machine is durable and of high quality. It is appropriate that you go for cold welding machines made of metal cases with powder coating finish to help prevent corrosion and rust.
Welding projects involves torches and flames. Whenever you are in the market for a top cold welding machine, it is appropriate that you purchase one with great safety features. It is possible you might have all the PPE’s but still end up being hurt when the cold welding machine you are using does not have enough safety features.
There you have it! We hope this best cold welding machine review guide has been of great help to you and that you are in a position of choosing the right cold welding machine without encountering lots of issues. Ensure that you read through the buyer’s guide section to familiarize yourself with some of the most important factors to consider when shopping for the best welding machine. In case you have any question or interested in getting any clarification, do not hesitate to get in touch with us.